PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
E3 California is seeking a Project Manager in Building Energy Efficiency to provide Project Management and Energy Modelling Services for the Operations Division of our firm. E3 California is a small business of less than 20 employees, and we work throughout California with our main headquarters located in Sacramento. Our primary line of services is Project Management, Project Consulting, Energy Modeling, Green Rating, Diagnostic Testing for T24 Compliance, and other work with above code programs such as Build it Green and LEED with a client base that includes architects, engineers, contractors, and property owners.
The Project Manager will report to the Project Director and will support the Operations Division with high level project management, Title 24 Compliance Energy Modeling and other building efficiency related energy modeling duties on both residential and non-residential Multi-Family projects. The position will require excellent communication and time management skills along with previous project management and energy modeling experience. The right candidate must be a motivated team player and self-starter capable of handling multiple tasks and projects at one time working under the pressure of multiple stringent project deadlines. We are looking for a candidate that is eager to continue expanding their education and learn the ever-changing program requirements of the industry and be challenged with a complex work scope of project requirements.
The specific duties and responsibilities may change or be increased as assigned and included, but are not limited to:
- Project Management of multiple energy efficiency related projects
- Energy Modeling for Title 24 Compliance and other above code energy program requirements
- Provide excellent client support by completing all project requirements and submitting deliverables on time including responding to all client inquiries in a timely manner according to company standards
- Coordinate with appropriate staff for booking travel arrangements for project site visits
- Prepare and review all data collection documents for field staff on your projects to ensure full work scope requirements are met in a timely manner
- Accurate reporting of job costing and staying within budget on projects along with accurate time keeping
- Assist with special projects and managing spreadsheets that require typing or general data entry as assigned
- Participate in regular Project Team meetings with both internal and external clients
MINIMUM SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager and Energy Modeler in the construction or Building Energy Efficiency Industry working on Multi-Family projects
- Proficient skills in Energy Pro or other Building Energy Modeling software programs, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and must be able to understand and manage project budgets using an electronic data program
- Must be able to review and decipher building plans, specifications, and ability to research product data
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet project deadlines on time and with accuracy
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and acute attention to detail
- Candidate must also maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and establishing and maintaining professional network
- Must be able to work in a team orientated environment, but also independently when needed or required
- Commitment to providing team support and contributing to environmental sustainability and social change
Find your next opportunity with us!
Equal Opportunity Statement: Job applicants shall be treated equally without regard to race, (including “traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles,” “includes but is not limited to, such hairstyles as braids, locks, and twists.”), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age (over 40), national origin (including language use and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to provide their presence in the United State is authorized under federal law), ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, cancer, and genetic characteristics), medical condition (including genetic characteristics or information, cancer or a record or history of cancer,) sexual orientation, military or veteran status, request for leave for an employee’s own serious health condition, request for Pregnancy Disability Leave, retaliation for reporting patient abuse in tax-supported institutions, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances in all employment practices including advertising, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, terminations, recalls, and company-sponsored recreational programs.